If you do not agree to this terms and conditions set forth herein do not use the Incapsula on-line service.
At Incapsula, Inc. (“Incapsula”), we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the software, services, information, tools, features and functionality located on the Site/s offered by Incapsula or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, the "Services") and covers how personal and other information that Incapsula collects and receives, including information related to use of the Services, is treated.
Information we collect and how we use it:
Incapsula will not share, sell, auction off or give away your personal information to any third-party or other organization without first obtaining your prior written consent.
In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for Services, we ask you for contact information. In certain situations, we may also request credit card or other payment account information that we maintain in encrypted form on industry secure servers. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we will use third party software to fix them.
- Personal information - We process your personal information only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Some of these purposes may include to inform you of new services we will be providing, to send you requested product information and promotional material, for marketing purposes and market research, and internally to help us improve our Services and to help resolve any problems.
- User information - When you use our Services, we automatically receive and record information from your site, documents and browser, including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes.
- Site information - When you use the Services, our servers automatically cahe and/or record information in relation to your site and its usage. This information may include the content of the site, usage information and other site properties.
- Document Download - We may download/store cache content contained on your site on our servers for the sole purpose of obtaining the functionality of the Service.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Incapsula, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- Links - Links to other sites may be provided by Incapsula as a convenience to our customers. Incapsula is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by us.
- Children – If you are a child under the age of 13, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Service. Incapsula will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 13 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- Maintenance-Incapsula uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- eMail- We may use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Site updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Site.
- Analysis- Incapsula uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Data Retention - You agree that Incapsula may retain (but shall have no obligation to retain) your data for a limited reasonable period after your trial or license has been terminated, expired, or otherwise lapsed, for the sole purpose of enabling you to renew your license to the Services shortly thereafter.
Choices for personal information:
When you sign up for Services we ask you to provide contact information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose of the services, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information (i.e. medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political affiliation) for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in relevant agreements, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information, in which case Incapsula may not be able to provide you with Services.
Incapsula only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Incapsula, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the above address for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of personal information that we collect and to protect the privacy and security of our customers. We keep your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors and agents who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural security measures and safeguards to protect personal information. Our servers and our databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection.
- Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Please contact us at the above address for any additional questions about our information security or the protection of personal data.
Data integrity, accessing and updating personal information:
Incapsula processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service agreements. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our Services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
- Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose to you the information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes.
- We do not charge for complying with a correction request, however, for all other requests, we may charge a small fee to cover its costs. Requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on Incapsula.
- We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
Please contact us at the above address for any additional questions or to access and update personal information.
Incapsula regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our treatment of personal information by contacting us as provided above. When we receive formal written complaints it is Incapsula 's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal information that cannot be resolved between Incapsula and an individual.
Incapsula may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.