Incapsula LBaaS (Load Balancer-as-a-Service) continuously monitors server health and performance to ensure high availability.
Network and application layer traffic are monitored to ensure rapid identification and recovery in the event of a server failure. Custom policies help you fine-tune monitoring and alerts according to your organization's specific needs.GET QUOTE
How It Works
Web server and application server monitoring is based on the following methods:
- Passive monitoring - Web traffic responses are monitored to ensure the server is functioning.
- Active monitoring - A dedicated HTTP request is periodically sent to an offline server. Traffic is resumed when the expected response is received.
Continuous server health and performance checks detect outages and minimize downtime. With no TTL-related delays, traffic is instantly rerouted to an available server.
Automatic email notifications alert you to any possible failover situation. You can fine-tune the precise scenarios that will trigger an alert, such as:
- One or more servers go down
- A specific number of proxies begin rerouting traffic
- A data center crashes
Control and Visibility
Incapsula monitors your site traffic in real time, verifying that it's balanced between servers. With the benefit of end-to-end application layer visibility, issues are quickly identified and resolved before they can affect performance.
Health monitoring polices can be customized according to the specific needs of your organization. With Incapsula you get full control over:
- Notification methods and flows
- System behavior in failover scenarios
- Error, server failure and data center failure definitions